Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Paper Beads!!! Plus Free SVG

Good morning. I just want to show off one of my new obsessions. I am now making paper beads. What a great idea.. I can combine 2 of my favorite crafts into one .... jewelry making and paper crafting. Below you will find pics . The first one is a new batch drying and the second pic is a couple finished beads. They feel almost like glass. People at work couldn't believe they were made of paper. As you can see by the picture, I turn a styrofoam plate upside down and put the beads on toothpicks and stick them in the plate to dry.  Plus as a bonus I have a svg file of my paper bead template to cut out of either chip board or what I did was cut 3 copies and glued them together. Makes it easy to just trace and cut your beads instead of having to measure every time. I am offering it for free.




4 comments:

happy2scrap56 said...

when I opened, it was a stick no template. confused?

Amy C said...

These are really cool!! I have a surprise for you on my blog...

http://www.scrappingmommy.com

Hugs,
Amy ♥

Jeanann said...

Thanks so much! My 10 year old daughter got a paper kit for Christmas and this will make easy for her to create beads out of scrapbook paper.

Joanne said...

Those are so cool and they do look like beads! I can imagine the possibilities!