I have been working on this project for 2 days. In addition to scrapbooking and making cards, I love to play in my art journals. It took 2 days because of all of the drying time between layers and household obligations.
Here is a pic of my page. When I decided to do this page, I wanted to use CTMH new Stamp of the Month for April 2016. The set is called Life in Pictures. Instead of doing a scrapbook layout or a card, I wanted to do something different. So I went for an art journal page.
What I did
- I started by putting down a nice coat of Gesso to condition the page. The journal I am using is actually just a sketch book. With that said, the paper is not real thick to hold up to multi media art.
- Then I put down some color using Close To My Heart's Watercolor paints. I used some blues, purple and a green which is not real noticeable.
- Next, I took it outside and sprayed it with an acrylic sealant to prevent the watercolors from running when I used Modge Podge. I also sprayed my photo.
- I used a piece of plastic canvas used in needle point work as a stencil and used Tatterd Angels Gold Glimmer mist to mist a mild pattern on the background to add texture.
- Matted the picture and glued it down on my page.
- I took a couple stencils (the bricks and the butterfly) and applied 3D modeling paste to get a raised look.
- I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color the bricks and touched them up with ShinHan Twin Touch Markers. The butterfly was colored using a couple of our inks like water color painting... Cotton Candy and Gypsy.
- Then I stamped using our black archival ink and our Stamp of the Month Life In Pictures.