Sunday, March 13, 2016

[Video] Monoprinted or Gelli Printing and Thinking of You CardWood

Good morning everyone!!!!  Wake up and smell the coffee now that the clocks have moved an hour ahead and loosing an hour sleep...  YAWN!!

What have I been up to???  Playing with gelli printing on my homemade gelli plate and an acrylic cutting mat.  I recorded a video of my very first experience in this art form.  I have seen so many artists using this form of printing in art journaling.  I decided I wanted to give it a try.

After the video is a picture of a card that I made using this technique but with inks instead of paints. The inks and stamp sets are from Close To My Heart.

Here is my homemade gelli plate





After recording this, I decided to try using inks while off camera.  Here is a print that I came up with.  The inks didn't work as well because they were fast drying.  You need slower drying ink like pigment ink.  I ended up having to touch up the background and the stamped plants.  I added the sentiment afterwards.


Products that I used were the Close To My Heart Inks
Sapphire Z2648

Canary Z2643
Sunset Z2191
Woodland Romance Stamp Set D1683
Also used The Stamp of the Month for January 2016

No comments: